Friday, October 15, 2010

Review: ELF Complexion Perfection Powder

So, I made this post a couple of hours ago, then I try to post it and it comes up with an error message. What a pain. So I decided to just do the whole review over again.. I'll be posting at least one more post tonight so look out for that. But this post is a review for the ELF complexion perfection powder!

So as you can see there is four different pastel colored squares, a yellow, blue, green, and pink.
What ELF claims:
"Create a balanced and radiant complexion that is beautiful and healthy. The lightweight formula evens out the skin tone and absorbs excess oil. The sheer formula brightens, mattes and neutralizes the skin. The colors are meant to be blended together as the Blue neutralizes orange, the Green neutralizes red, the Pink neutralizes grey and the Yellow brightens and neutralizes red."
Do I agree with their claim? Yes. I just can't say anything about it absorbing excess oil; my skin is very very dry, so I have no problem with oil, really! Sorry for all you oily skin people! I am not sure on that, but I'm sure it does, I've seen reviews from people with oily skin and some of them said it works, but I can't say for myself. What I do is I use my ELF studio line kabuki or occasionally I use the Sigma SS150 brush and I just put my brush into the pan, swirl it in there focusing it on the green block and just sweep it on my face; mainly on my cheeks (I have very rosy cheeks.)

(swatches from l-r: pink, green, blue, yellow)
As you can see they are very light, very pastel. These had to be swatched about four times to get that color. You will not have a bright pink/yellow/blue/green powder on your face!

(swatched all colors together)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment